Tuesday, September 16, 2014

The Day

Pretty uneventful day for public occurrences. Unusual day for Public Occurrences.

-historical background of jennifer li
-does ward churchill have bodyguards
-心風暴violence of the mind 2013 電影

Three search terms that landed peoples here.

I do know who Jennifer Li is and her background. And I ain't tellin'.

I do know who Ward Churchill is and I don't know if he has bodyguards.

I did not know what the heck that third one was, looked at it closely and A-ha! The last character. There are so many English variations of Song Binbin's name, Song Pinpin, Sung B'in-b'in, Song B'ing b'ing, that finally, years ago, I memorized her name in Chinese; it was easy since the last character repeats, even in Chinese. I recognized the last character in the search term as Songie's given name:

宋彬彬

影, 

I recognized that I was an idiot. 

I googled "violence of the mind:" It's a movie, something about two gay guys who fall in love. Won some award at a San Antonio film festival.

Heavier than normal traffic yesterday, 168 pageviews. We have averaged a leetle over 100 per day the last few months. And a very unusual distribution of pageviews by country. In a given 24-hour period the U.S. is going to be first 90% of the time, Russia is going to be second 75% of the time. This is the September 15 end-of-the day distribution:

France, 38.
U.S., 35.
Turkey, 34.
Russia, 34.

Everybody else was in single digits, Germany was fifth with 6.