Monday, March 23, 2015

What Is His Problem?

A couple of days ago I thought, "There are some similarities between Putin and Netanyahu." Thought maybe I'd do a post on it. On the way home from work just now I thought, "Netanyahu, Putin, Obama, three world leaders, long-serving in their own countries, popular at home, and they can't stand each other." When I got home I immediately got formal photos of each I was going to put with the post. Then, while eating a quick sandwich I checked the news, and, happens all the time, got distracted. By this:

"A Chilly Wind from the Great White North."-Washington Post.

What the heck is that? I really didn't know so I got distracted and read the article.

There's a photograph with the caption "Bruce Heyman is the U.S. ambassador to Canada at a time of tension between the two allies."

I actually chuckled. "This is going to be a tempest in a teapot, eh?" What is this, about Quebec City not getting an NHL team?

"Israel isn’t the only U.S. ally at odds with the Obama administration."
...

"The cold shoulder turned to the ambassador was part of a chilly year for U.S.-Canada relations, which have become unusually discordant at the top,” wrote Campbell Clark, the [Globe and Mail's] chief political reporter."

"To put it simply, President Obama and Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper aren’t exactly close."

I don't know if my jaw actually dropped because I wasn't looking at my jaw. The jaw in my brain dropped.

OBAMA DOESN'T GET ALONG WITH CANADIANS!

I mean, come on, how can you not get along with Canadians, that's impossible.

"Last month, Allan Gotlieb, Canadian ambassador to the United States for most of the 1980s, called the current relationship between the two countries 'as cool as I ever remember.'"

“The Keystone project has been handled with considerable insensitivity. Our history has been characterized by . . . a sensitivity to each other’s interests,” he told the Globe and Mail in late February."

"...[I]n July 2014... Heyman irked some Canadians who thought he came off as patronizing in defense of the White House taking its time on Keystone."

Patronizing. We have heard that before about the Obamas. Acting like the "nouveau riche," right? That's what Putin said. Nuland, Rice, the Mad Irish Woman. Obama himself like a law school lecturer, someone said.

"A longtime...diplomat posited that the tensions may be a product of Obama’s personality, which he described as 'aloof.'"

Ummm...Yeah...Wait, wait, don't tell me, we have heard that before too, right? I think so.

Okay, as I wrote last night, as I frequently write when I've made up my mind, I'm ready to rule: This is an Obama problem. I don't know what it is! But it's an Obama problem. He just doesn't get along with anybody.