Wednesday, November 18, 2015

I've spent the last almost hour gathering images of Britain and America together.
I was going to publish that one alone with my own caption: "Let us go, Mother."

I had that one on the header briefly.

No other nation can America count on. I am a unabashed Anglophile. I wish that we, U.S.-we, had never broken with the United Kingdom.

For I am convinced that those two, and only those two, can save France, and Europe, destroy ISIS and defeat Islam.

I found some good pictures of Prime Minister Cameron and President Obama together.


That was my favorite.

They look like they should have so much in common as two vigorous 40-somethings. But then I got sad. Cameron has tried. He tried to rally Parliament to support attacks on Syria when that was what John Kerry wanted. He played the nuclear card: "We have to stand with America." Parliament, weary and cynical over Bush43's unfounded wmd accusations against Saddam, rejected Cameron's appeal.

And despite those photographs Cameron finds Obama cool, detached, not as interested in the "special relationship," "pivoting toward Asia," and Cameron has given up on a special relationship between his Britain and Obama's America. He pivoted himself toward China. They don't see eye-to-eye on Islam, you read in Ms. Ali's piece in Foreign Policy Cameron's evolved view of Islam. That view is anathema to Obama. And so, the two are not close personally nor do they share the same world view nor the same values. They have drifted apart. That is the way it is.

And so yeah, that made me sad.