Thursday, November 19, 2015

Numbers.

I am surprised. I was in the car for a couple hours today going to and from. Listened to the radio for about 1:30 more than I do in a normal day and, "All Things Considered," it was all-Paris, all-the-time all over "The World," five six days after Islam's attacks. Robert Siegel is over there and everything. Guess he has been all week.

One hundred twenty nine people slaughtered. One-sixteenth the number slaughtered on 9/11/01; almost one hundred fewer than on KGL9268 two weeks before. An uncertain number, disconcertingly, is the number of Muslims involved. There is at least one more out there, they think. Two, two, they're sure about, including the mastermind, they think, died martyrs' deaths last night. Five thousand minie balls will do that, hooo-doggie. 5,000 for dos?! Heh-heh-heh-heh. NPR's way of dealing with that was to say it took awhile to identify the bodies. Heh-heh-heh-heh. How in The World did the gendarme manage that in an apartment building? Crowded city, Paris. You can't evacuate all of Saint Denis much less all of Paris. Nobody else hurt? No innocents? Surprised to hear that. "Appartement a Louer," heh-heh-heh-heh.

France is not doing well. Nervous breakdown. President Hollande declared a nationwide state of emergency right after the attacks. Did the U.S. declare a state of emergency after 9/11? I don't remember that, call me on it if so, I already know I'm stupid, but I don't remember that. They extended it three months today. There aren't any "France Strong" bracelets for sale. France is not doing well.