Friday, April 29, 2016

Race In America

I ran across this article. I'm going to make the headline the size in the original for shock effect:

Black Men Don’t Like Black Women-Courtney Carter, Huffington Post, October 15, 2014.


Now I'm going to make my reaction the size of the original:

WHAT THE FUCK?! I intended that to be bigger than the headline but that's as big as Blogger can make it maybe because they are and I am white. 

Seriously, what is up with this? Is this true? We all know the celebrity cases of Black men dating White women and given the history of race in America I get that-dating a White woman says "You've made it," it's a status symbol. If you're a successful Black man you get a white trophy. That is the stereotype, those are the celebrity cases anyway. That is still different from, I'm going to do it again,

Black Men Don’t Like Black Women


It follows but it needn't follow. Lawyers are considered successful, they're not movie star or NBA successful but lawyers are considered successful and I know a TON of Black male lawyers. NOT ONE I can think of...No, I take that back. I know of one Black male lawyer who was married, briefly, to a White female lawyer. That is the only one I know. Yet, this is what the author of the article Courtney Carter, a black woman, writes:

Let me start by saying this: I know writing this blog post is going to cause quite a bit of controversy, so let’s get this out of the way: I am intelligent, not what society deems “ghetto,” and from what I am told, and given where I work in the television business, I am attractive. Why is that necessary to say? Let’s start below.

Black men don’t like black women. Yes, I said it.


...
I think I wouldn’t really care if other races felt this way about black women, but the fact that my own men do has made me consider turning my back on them multiple times.


My boyfriend and I were having a conversation about black men vs. black women. (He is black and Puerto Rican.) It started getting intense, and I said, “You don’t get it! Black men are viewed as sexy and, in a sense, a ‘trophy’ for another race,

[As I have none but one Black male friend who married a white woman this "Black men are viewed as sexy and, in a sense, a 'trophy' for another race," that notion is a matter of first impression with me. I have dated a lot of women in my long, sordid life, NOT ONE has EVER dated a Black man.]

 but black women are never deemed the most attractive. 

[I have never dated a Black woman but I seriously considered it, almost asked a Black woman, an old friend, out an ex-gf or two ago (Unbeknownst to me she was the long-time girlfriend of a successful Black male lawyer) and I have had a spontaneous make out session with a Black woman that was so hot I thought in my dotage I might have a heart attack.]

Other races are always seen as a trophy on the arm of a black man.”

He looked at me like I was crazy and said, “You don’t understand the black-man struggle. They look at me like I’m a criminal.” 

[WHO looks at you as a criminal, White women? Or white men? The whole tone of Ms. Carter's article is that Black men prefer, and get, white women. I don't understand.]

In a sense, I might not. But I thought in my head, “At least black women value black men. It’s becoming rare to see the reverse.”

This all started because I was referencing a conversation 
[Wait till you hear this!] we’d had when I was pregnant with our son. My boyfriend had said lightheartedly, “I hope our son has my hair.” My boyfriend has beautiful, soft curls, a genetic gift from both his races.


But my heart sank. What did he mean? I am known for being sensitive, so I asked.


He said, “Courtney, I see you struggle with your hair, and I think it would be nice if he had my curly hair. You wouldn’t want him to have coarse hair if you could help it. It would be easier to manage if his hair was curly was all I’m saying.”

[Okay, that mother-fucker is a LOW-LIFE. That is UTTER BULLSHIT but more importantly it is so unspeakably callous, CRUEL, I cannot imagine someone other than a LOW-LIFE saying it to the mother of his child! Ms. Carter, you can do WAY better than this guy. Fucking cockroach.]

The rational part of me thought about what he was trying to say, but no matter how much I replayed it, it still didn’t sound right to me.

What was he trying to say about my hair? 

[Oh, he was only making the racist statement that you have "nigger hair," that's all, don't think any more about it. He wanted your child to have his part-White, part- Puerto Rican HA-HA-HA-HA-HA hair. I am really quite positive that is what he was trying to say.] 

Why are rap songs all about white women? If you think I’m wrong, listen to your music and get back to me.

[By most conscious choice I am unfamiliar with the musical genre known as "Rap" but I will take your word for it.]

Granted, I think everyone is entitled to a personal preference regarding whom they like. But when, as a black man, you start saying things such as, “I don’t date black women; I don’t find them attractive,” I think we have an issue. 

[Ummm, okay, let's not "rush to judgment,"  let me think about that for a minute okay done, yes "we have an issue."]
...
As I’ve gotten older, I’ve met many men who will openly say they don’t want a baby with a black woman. They want a baby with “light skin or light eyes and good hair.” 

[Ms. Carter, respectfully ma'am, FUCK THEM, not literally; in fact STOP fucking them if you still are, DROP them like the LOW-LIFE LEAD BALLOONS THEY ARE.]

IF. I. HEAR. THAT. STATEMENT. ONE. MORE. TIME. I. WILL. LOSE. IT. 

[I'm hearing it for the first time and I'm losing it.]

I never understood why it makes a certain type of black man feel good to have a white woman on his arm. 

[C'mon, man, see above. If you don't get that you're clueless.]

It would be one thing if it were true love, but some are just doing it because they see it as a prize. 

[Right! So what did you "never understand?" Ms. Carter, now hold that thought and never let it go. That is correct. Do not ever forget that.]

Even on social media, my heart will sink as I see black women I’ve known from high school or elementary school now say they’re “black and Filipino,” “black and Puerto Rican,” “black and [whatever race]” — just don’t say you’re fully black! It seems these women have been conditioned to think they’re not worthy if they’re “just black.” 

[It's self-hatred, Ms. Carter. You see it for what it is. It is utterly pathetic. You do not seem the type to ever give in to that and hold that thought and never let it go either.]

These statements below are the most common things I hear about why black men don’t like black women: [I am literally afraid to read. Okay, let's do it.]

“Black women have too much attitude/ghetto.”
...
“Black women are unattractive.”
...
“Black women wear weaves. I like good hair.”

Okay, enough. This is making me nauseous. Sorry, one final thing...Two. 

That is astonishing. Those are "the most common things" she, a Black woman, hears from Black men. 

My final final point: ANY MAN WHO SAYS THAT IS A RACIST. I am going to go out on a limb but on a limb I think sturdy enough for support: IF I, a 100% pure Whitey Pale Face, Blue-eyes, the "whole nine yards," EVER, EVER said any of that shit to a Black woman, I would be, rightfully, subjected to death-by-slicing or, what is much worse, forced to listen to these self-loving, self-hating Black men demonstrate THEIR UTTER INTELLECTUAL DEFICIENCIES by elucidating on the subject. I repeat: FUCK THEM!]

So I left Ms. Carter's painful article and googled a pretty neutral search query, "black men black women." Here's the first page of results:



I doubt the second one because I now have doubts if Black men can count as high as seven. Only that.






I end this post on a measured, positive note: BLACK MEN, GO FUCK YOURSELVES. YOU'RE LOSERS. 

Good night.