Friday, August 19, 2016

I am concerned about Manchester City. The fantastical 2-1 win ar home over Sunderland; Bucharest Schmucharest, I don't know anything about Bucharest.

Jose Mourinho had a better summer, topped off by the signing of 2015 City target Paul Pogba, and has had a better start to the Premier season.

Willy Caballero has started the first two matches. The Manchester Evening News reports flat-out that Joe Hart,

England No1 is set to leave the Etihad after being ruthlessly dropped by Pep Guardiola.

And,

Despite being highly-regarded by the club’s hierarchy, the 29-year-old’s City career has been effectively ended by Guardiola.

I get it with Joe. He has had criticism from both Manuel Pellegrini and Roberto Mancini. He is all-England but not all-world.

And Pep deserves to have players who play his style. In the goalkeeper's case that means playing with his feet. Guardiola is not going to stay with Caballero of course, he is going to sign a goalkeeper in his style before transfer deadline day August 30. 

It's going to take time for Pep to get all the players he wants to play the style he wants. I get that. I don't know he couldn't have done more of this roster shakeup before the season started, though. City play at United September 10. I don't think City's going to be set. I think they're going to lose.