Sebs Duran, Sebastián Durán, is a Chilean immigrant who, in his own words, has "lived under a rock most of my life, so a lot of things are new to me." What better life to prepare him to be a "reactor"? Never heard of that niche, but he plays American pops songs that he has never heard before, by artists that he is unfamiliar with, and records his instant reactions live. It's actually a brilliant concept. He takes recommendations from members (of which I am one) of his YouTube channel. In his day job, Sebs works in sales in a music store, I believe. and plays music on the side.
I first came across his reaction vids at the time that I was recording my own version of Macarthur Park, MY FAVORITE SONG OF ALL TIME! Sebs did a reaction vid to that one (the original, not mine). I have checked in on him occasionally since.
This year is an anniversary of the legendary Jim Croce's death and I have a blog post set to publish on the date. Sebs has a moving reaction vid to the poignant, painful "Operator", which i watched. Sebs' reaction vids go from Dean Martin to Perry Commo to Gordon Lightfoot, the Eagles, you name it, from the '50's to the '70's and '80's. Anyone in early middle age or older will be charmed by this young man's reactions to our "Golden Oldies," to him, new discoveries. Take a look at his inventory of songs and choose your favorite and listen to a new generation react to them. You won't be disappointed.