Beer GM Jon Horst:
“No one’s sitting here today and saying that we’re a better team today after trading Giannis,” he said, according to The Athletic’s Eric Nehm. “He’s one of the greatest players to ever play, (the) greatest player in the franchise history. We’ve had an incredible amount of success. And as I’ve said to Miami a couple of times, he’s going to have an unbelievable season for them. [They’ve] got an incredibly motivated, healthy, focused Giannis Antetokounmpo that I think is going to have an unbelievable season and seasons, for that matter.
Heat Central
@TheHeatCentral
And I may be on my deathbed and having senile dementia this is so much. Maybe Putin or Trump or the Netanyahoo spiked my diet pepsi but it's too much for my brain to handle.
Windy, who has followed LBJ everywhere from Akron high school to Cleveland to Miami,
back to Cleveland, and to La-La, who knows him and how he thinks STILL,12 yrs after "going home", sees and hears the Miami "Heat" in LBJ.
Brian Windhorst believes Miami and Cleveland are in their own category for LeBron’s next team:
“One other thing I think is going to come down here that LeBron will have to decide is how much he cares about what people will think if he goes to a team he’s never played for before. Basically if he chooses somebody besides CLE or MIA. CLE or MIA, it’s a very clean decision. It makes sense. Both of them have cases. Does he want to deal with in his life what the reaction will be if he went to Philadelphia, MIN, DEN? Also deal with people calling him a ring chaser. I think that’s an extra layer.
I think CLE and MIA are in their own category. To this day he repeats Miami Heat Mantras. When I watch him play and hear him talk, you feel the Miami Heat part of his basketball DNA.”
Heat Central
@TheHeatCentral
“I think Giannis is clearly hopeful that LeBron will come and I think that was a good sign… If you’re LeBron you think it’s cool that Giannis is so wrapped up in what you might do and certainly the Heat are still absolutely on the board.”
— @WindhorstESPN on LeBron to Miami rumors
(Via @YahooSports)