Jonathan McKinsey above, director of engineering, games department, New York Times, was shot and killed on Saturday in California by his in-laws Shouyong Zhang and Shili Chen, both 76. McKinsey, 40 years old, was transgender. McKinsey was married to Candice Jang and they had three children together. Their marriage was characterized by mutual abuse allegations and child abuse against McKinsey.
Jonathan McKinsey was born Dawn S. Finney and was known by that female name until 2010 when he underwent surgery and changed both name and gender identity to Jonathan McKinsey.
Dawn Finney, center, green shirt, in 2009, the year before becoming Jonathan McKinsey.
That guy with the full beard and male pattern baldness was a female for 24 of his 40 years? I did not see that coming, hoo doggie. I was in such disbelief that I had to make sure I understood what transgender meant as applied to him.
When a person transitions to the opposite gender their birth name is referred to as their "deadname". Now, McKinsey is his "deadname" too.

