Thursday, July 30, 2026

USMLE Today

Second Pass (first step ?), blocks of twenty questions, timed, is INFINITELY more stimulating and interesting that First Pass, the "learning phase", where you should answer within three minutes and spend no more than an additional nine mins learning, i.e. reading the UWorld explanation, going the First Aid, etc. Second Pass-- </= 90 secs answer, research after you're done with the entire 20-Q block. I found, and I think Dr. Ana too, that in First Pass the first question set the tone for the day. If you got it right, you were motivated, but if you got it wrong, you were on a downer. 

Ana is right there with her colleagues in her correct scores. Nobody, not Ana or her colleagues, have quite hit the 65% mark that you shoot for yet, but all the real med students are getting closer.

As for the non-med student--well, I had my best day!, 35% correct😒. My three-day average, 27%, right where I predicted.

BRAVO ANA, REAL STUDENTS!