Saturday, August 29, 2026

I need hard work. Without it I become an old man, not living in the present with purpose, not in the future with a goal, but, as old folks do, in the past with nostalgia. That is what study with Dr. Ana gives me.

Yet, I am old. When we worked with constancy four hours a day (a limit imposed on me and on she by me) five days a week, I was often, the words are mine whenever I thought of it and whenever I spoke of it to others, "bone tired." The feeling was literal. My very bones felt tired.

Yesterday, since we had not been working with constancy four hours a day, five days a week, I pushed Ana and myself, and set the goal at the old four hours. We didn't meet our goal, Ana could do no more after three hours twenty minutes. And today I slept until 11:42. I was bone tired.