Monday, May 07, 2007

China's Great Wall of Silence: Cracks

This Friday past Andrew Yang and the China Information Center published an editorial commending this site http://www.observechina.net/info/artshow.asp?ID=43465. Our email address, Publocc@Gmail.com, was provided and Mr. Yang challenged his readers to contact us with evidence on those involved in the torture and murder of Bian Zhongyun.

On Saturday we started to receive emails. All of them came from the People's Republic. This is one of them:


Dear Mr. Harris
It was my father who sent you the
pictures. He know that you are doing a research on the
Cultural
Revolution. And he was touched. You know what, he was a 'Red Guard' in the
revolution.
My father has sent you where to find other information. Hope it helps you.
Unfortunately my father doesn't know English at all. I am a senior of university. So probably my English is not good enough. I apologize for the grammar mistakes or something else that make you hard to understand (if there's any)
We're looking forward to hear you opinions.

yours, XXX(the son).

05.05.07

Murder investigation is dark work but occasionally there are moments of light. I am Benjamin Harris.