Wednesday, November 04, 2009

China's Great Wall of Silence.


11-2-09

I am curious about Publocc not being available in the PRC. I have a friend in Beijing who has told me the same thing but when I get on Baidu and type in "Public Occurrences" up it comes. How is that possible, if you know?
-Ben

As for the difference between Baidu and Google, I can only guess that's because the online police's focus. Maybe they have built a taller "Great Fire Wall" against the information from outside at Google. in China's Google, the government owns more than 51% of the shares so they could do whatever they want. I don't know who owns Baidu. I didn't try Baidu in China.
-YYY


10-7-09

Sorry again,Ben,this time I was warned that the net page wanted can not be accessed!
Do not worry,it's alright.I may have another try in a couple of days.
-XXX (friend in Beijing).


So strange. So, so strange. Try this: www.publicoccurrenc.blogspot.com.
-Ben


Still strange, dear Ben! Forget it.Thank you all the same.
I will forward this to my good colleague AAA and see if he can access it. He is much more capable in computer.
-XXX



10-20-09

Hi,Ben, after a try,my capable colleague told me that he was unable to make it out either,(I mean "State Dongfeng Farm Part II")He said most probably it was blocked by the above here.
-xxx



10-24-09

Do you mean the Chinese government blocked it?
-Ben

Yes, Ben, I did mean that.
-XXX