Thursday, November 28, 2019

I love NBA stat lines. I love to try to recreate the game from them. I love when I can’t do that. Like in last night’s Miami-Houston game. 117-108 Houston. Decisive Houston victory. Should be mirrored in the stat line. Oh yeah?

Shooting %: Miami 46.3
                     Houston 46.3

Come on man, identical to to the third decimal point?

Shooting % three point: Miami 37.8
                                       Houston 34.1

“Heat” better?

So at this point I’m thinking H musta had significantly more shots.

Total Shots: Miami 80
                    Houston 82

You can’t get to 9 from 2.

Free throws? Harden lives at the free throw line. And that’s where the final score came from. Houston made 78.8% of 33, Miami 74.1% of 27. James hit 9/10.

Rarely do you have to go so deep, in this game to the fourth metric, to recreate a decisive result.