Sunday, August 20, 2023


Ms. Davis’ tweet was in response to another on a poll showing that Trumpists would believe Trumpie over friends and family, and religious leaders. I think she’s right in some cases, I trust she knows her own family, but my sense is, in my own family, and I think in at least as many Trumpists, that they don’t believe deep down that they were wrong. From what I have seen in my own family and heard from other Trumpists, Davis' explanation gives Trumpists too much credit for self-awareness. This was a poll, not man-on-the-street interviews on camera. You could hide your true feelings behind the anonymity. My sense is that there are at least as many who don’t think think deep down that they were wrong and are ashamed. My sense is that there are more who are drunk on the purple Kool-Aid and really do believe Trumpie more than anyone else.