Thursday, January 25, 2024

+'s and -'s, me thinks we have come to a crossroads in Funky Town: FT MIA 110 Boston ONE HUNDRED FORTY-THREE

That's the "Heat's" FIFTH straight loss, the second--and most appalling--blowout, and it was at HOME, as were two of the other L's, and it was to 601 Biscayne's most-hated opponent. 

Tonight was not a funky time and it was not about missing 3J, something got broken on this team. I have to say in complete candor that when I saw the score with twenty-some seconds remaining I had the thought that Erik Spoelstra's job was in jeopardy. In a nano-second that nonsensical thought vanished. Spo is the guy to put the pieces back together again but I think an intervention is in the offing. Riley will have a talk with Spo. Maybe a players-only meeting. I don't know, but this org is too proud to let this just work itself out.