Friday, July 04, 2008

China's Great Wall of Silence: Ma Liping's Resume

Dear Ms. Ma,

I ran across this quote from you, apparently from a speech that you gave:
http://www.cms.math.ca/Reunions/FCEM2003/abs/pdf/t1-lm.pdf
"There are a few pieces of knowledge and skills 'missing' in the U.S. elementary mathematics. I will discuss what these missing pieces are, why they have been 'missed', and how these pieces may play a significant role in students' mathematics learning."

Changing just a few words, I adopt your quote as my purpose here:

"There are a few pieces of your resume 'missing.' I will discuss what these
missing pieces are, why they have been 'missed', and how these pieces may play a significant role in understanding who you really are."

Yours in finding missing pieces,
Benjamin Harris