Friday, July 04, 2008

The Presidential Campaign

For the first time in my life I am an independent voter. Actually, I am designated officially as "no party" by my state which is more narcissistic than I wish but accurate as applied to my social proclivities.

So also for the first time in my life I actually have to think about for whom to vote and I don't like to think; it often gets me into trouble. But it's only four months till the election and I better start. Here then what I like and don't like about each candidate.

Obama. African-American. Race does matter to me a little, and I'm proud of my country and of the Democratic party that there is an African-American who is

the actual nominee of one of the major parties. Obama+


Associates. This is very important because whomever we elect we also elect an administration and a kitchen cabinet.
-Michelle Obama: Her comment that her husband's victory in a primary was the first time in her life that she was proud of her country.

Obama-

-Cindy McCain: Too peroxide-botox-tacky looking for a first lady, but she doesn't seem to have anything to tell us about her husband's world-

view, as Mrs. Obama might. No factor.

-Cabinet appointments. If the usual suspects are appointed from each

party this will be a huge advantage for McCain. Too early.

-Supreme Court appointments. Also huge and a major McCain+

Okay, that's enough thinking for now.