Wednesday, April 08, 2009

China's Great Wall of Silence: Beijing, November 2008

Open Magazine of Hong Kong will be publishing the series of articles written under the above heading in its May issue. I thank the editors of Open. The publication is due entirely to the efforts of Youqin Wang, Rongfen Wang, and Bei Su Nei. All three took it upon themselves to translate the articles into Chinese. Youqin and Rongfen successfully lobbied the editors of Open for publication. Bei Su Nei, who I did not know previously, read the articles on duping. net and took it upon herself to aid in the translation.

I have written here previously of Youqin and Rongfen. They are, and have been all of their lives, giants in the struggle for China's history. It is embarrassing to me that such as they have helped me. I think it was Newton who paid tribute to his Youqin and Rongfen by saying that he stood on the shoulders of giants. I cannot think of how to express my gratitude in original terms and so adopt his.