Saturday, April 04, 2009

A Million Drops of Blood; Individual Chinese Histories Under Mao : Poem by Ye Weiyou


Introduction


Maoist China produced an ocean of blood. That ocean is comprised of a million drops of blood, each with a name and a face. If Maoist China and its successor regimes have their way that ocean will remain anonymous. But there are those, like Youqin Wang, Xu Weixin, and Hu Jie, who will give name to each of those million drops of blood.


This series presents the stories of some of those million drops, of those who are gone, and those who survived to tell their own stories.


-BH


MOURNING OF BROTHER YE WEI-ZUO


( I )


Is it a nightmare?
Far from a nightmare.
Brother is still swimming there
In the big lake he loves
Having no fatigue and fear.
He's swimming in every style
Without any danger.

Is it a nightmare?
By no means a nightmare.
Brother is flying high over there.
The righteous man is saved by the Lord
Having been baptized in the lake water.
He is staying with kind angels
Under God's care.

Is it a nightmare?
Not in the least a nightmare.
Brother is speaking to me in the air:
“Please stop grieving and smile,
For I am so happy in Paradise here.
You'll come and join me someday
In the near future"



( II )


It is like a dream,but not a dream,
Down my cheeks warm tears stream.
The good grief is sure to pass clean,
On Brother's salvation I will beam.

For my nation and my faith I'll fight,
By working hard from morning till night.
When I have some time to relax,
Reminiscing Brotherly love brings me delight.