Saturday, December 16, 2017

I hate when sports teams mess with their colors and logos, like City with the Oozing Bullet Wound Red Rose of Lancashire and their psychedelic alternate shirts (Oh my God, though, are EPL clubs in need of rebranding). I think of the University of Maryland helmets a couple of years ago. Pitt's dino cat, the "steel cut" block letters. Oh God. But these. These are tremendously awesome. Riddell's new brain buckets for the National Concussion League:

Riddell didn't mess with the basic look. They just made the colors more vibrant.

Oh my God, that forest green looks tremendous!

I think almost all of them are an improvement over the incumbent. Oh! by the way, "incumbent," Trump, Fuck You.
Ruby red.



No.
Almost all are an improvement. What is that, navy on bourbon?

Beautiful.

Oh man. That blue! Gorgeous. Sapphire. (Sapphire has two "p's"?)


Clay?
No.


Oh, man! Nice!

A matte black to make the "Raiders" look even more evil.


Whoa-ah woo-ah. 



Where are my sunglasses. Carolina already had about the brightest blue imaginable. Riddell imagined an even brighter.

                                                                           Beer.
That was the first one I saw that was clearly a step back. Yuck.

Love that.
Yes, it is very similar to San Francisco's and Arizona's. All were red. Now, they're bright red. what do you want them to do? They're all an improvement.


I like that. That's not beer, that's tangerine or something. They could have gone with another shade of red, we should be glad they didn't cuz the orange-yellow really works. Beautiful.

My favorite blue of the bunch. Just sensational. Only problem: The lightning bolts are the same tangerine as Kansas City's. Oh! If you had used a bright metallic gold it would have been perfect. Cannot top that blue, though. Jaw-dropping.


Poor "Jets" fans. This is the second one I thought was a ringer.

J-E-T-S, CLAY! CLAY! CLAY!


:o


Excuse me while I have an organism. OH! OH! OH! OH! That maroon is the most awesome color! That is my favorite.

Enough, we're going to end on that high. Riddell, GREAT work.