Saturday, April 14, 2018

I was waiting for my pizza at the neighborhood pizza joint and the Toronto-Washington NBA game was on. Prominently standing out (and he did some standing) in baseline seats (tres expensive) was this guy wearing what I thought to myself was Arab headdress. I started watching him more than the game. Seeing him so into the game, jawing at the refs, it made me laugh. Three times. It was adorable. I figured he was famous so when I got back home I googled "best nba fans arab headdress man toronto." Up he came. Of course he was famous.

He is Nav Bhatia, millionaire Hyundai salesman, philanthropist, "Raptors" fan.








And the only "Superfan" so designated by the NBA.



What Nav is not is Arab. Nor Muslim. Nav is Sikh Indian.

He immigrated to Canada in 1984. Nav Bhatia, Superfan, super man, here's to you. "We The North"! lolol. (If) Only in America.