Friday, May 13, 2016


A prominent public occurrence yesterday concerns Donald Trump's butler. Former butler. Former long-time, butler. Eighty-four year old Anthony Senecal wrote on his Facebook account, yes eighty-four year old Mr. Senecal has a Facebook account, inter alia:

"This prick needs to be hung for treason!!!"

The dysphemism "prick" refers to Barack Obama.

"To all my friends on FB, just a short note to you on our pus headed "president" !!!! This character who I refer to as zero (0) should have been taken out by our military and shot as an enemy agent in his first term !!!!!"

[W]ith the last breath I draw I will help rid this America of the scum infested in its government--and if that means dragging that ball less dick head from the white mosque and hanging his scrawny ass from the portico--count me in !!!!!

"Ball less dick head," see above.

One can see how this would be a prominent p.o.

The Secret Service is investigating and the Trump campaign has disavowed calls for the murder of the president of the United States. Which is good.

Whence this hatred?

Senecal's turgid prose led to revisitation of that question.

The undersigned has visited that question many times previously. Had no answer to that question at first. Was greatly aided in forming tentative, then believed to be conclusive, answers to that question by Olivia Nuzzi; by the brother of the undersigned, and by his own cogitations.

Didn't quite think he hit the nail on the head, the undersigned didn't.

Is greatly aided in forming the instant, now definitively conclusive, final, like final-final, answer by Ms. Nuzzi (but much less so), by the brother of the undersigned, his own cogitations and by the article "Why I'm voting for Trump"http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/27/politics/donald-trump-voters-2016-election/ from January 27 which the undersigned done missed to his vexation.

CNN introduces its article thusly:

Perhaps most important is Trump's imperviousness to the typical boundaries around race. He has made provocative remarks on the subject since the earliest days of his campaign -- and his supporters are listening. They are rowdy, and at times, even violent. On more than one occasion, they've accosted protesters, lobbing racial slurs and physical abuse.

Conscientious readers will recall the centrality of race to previous speculations on the question. Race is central to the Final Answer as well but where previously he had struck unsatisfying glancing blows here he hits the nail firmly on the head.

First quoted among the 150+ that CNN interviewed is "Paul" "Weber." Mr. Weber, from Appleton, Iowa, characterized his own self as,

"Kind of a red-neck."

For which we thank Mr. Weber.

Paul Weber bemoaned to CNN the presence in his midst of,

"New Americans."

"The people that are coming in here from China, Indonesia and all of them countries, they're getting pregnant and coming here and having babies,"

Weber said, telling an Asian reporter that he meant no offense. 

The undersigned includes that last from CNN as it is characteristic of Trumpists, like the brother of the undersigned, to mean no offense by their racism. Attending Ku Klux Klan rallies, referring to Black people as "niggers," they are wrongfully accused of racism, they do believe.

Pari passu with Weber's "reasoning" is that of Sherry Schnell,

a "big fan" of Trump...[S]aid she was in favor of both a wall along the Mexico border and more immigrants.

"If we have them all come in, they've all been inspected and they've all gone through the rules and regulations to become a citizen, I want more. The more the merrier."

Nice! Thank you, Merry Sherry!

A divisive President

There is a very palpable anger at President Obama. Many Trump supporters say he can't be trusted, he cares more about the welfare of black people than whites and he's inflamed racial divisions in the country. Others say they're convinced that he's Muslim.

That is important (not that last part). It is a matter of fact not conjecture, not because of the metal plate in their heads, it is fact that race relations are worse under President Barack Obama than under President George W. Bush and-"own cogitations" alert!-*wince* the undersigned sees factual support in Trumpists belief that President Obama cares more about the welfare of Black people than Whites.

The proximate cause of Trumpists' belief seems to me to be the killings of young black men by white men, almost always police officers, beginning with Trayvon Martin, the birth of the Black Lives Matter movement, BLM protests, Al Sharpton, and I believe in particular the Black on White Race Riot in Baltimore in 2015, the incompetent Black leadership of Baltimore and the railroading of the Baltimore cops arrested in the death of Freddie Gray.

One can reasonably connect the dots, some dots tangentially or unrelated to killings of young Black Men, and Trumpists connect the dots, Trayvon...Ferguson...Obama visits a federal penitentiary...Charleston (these are not in chronological order)...Baltimore...NBA players wearing hoodies, NFL players in St. Louis doing something, I forget what, to protest Ferguson...Walter Scott...Eric Garner...Tamir Rice...NYPD protests...pivot to Asia...pivot away from White Russia, away from largely White Europe, away-Britain, away-Israel, pivot toward Arabia, toward Africa, to-Iran, to-Cuba...Rudy Giuliani...The Post-American World...Michelle Obama “For the first time in my adult lifetime I am proud of my country”...I think there are more dots, I mean no offense to other dots, I say, you can connect those dots to form the image "President Obama cares more about the welfare of black people than whites."

In my mind the present recrudescence of racial hatred began with the shooting death of Trayvon Martin by George Zimmerman. 

I tell you ladies and gentlemen, there have been times when Barack Obama's skin color has not even entered my consciousness, when in a real sense I do not "see" the president as Black; as I do not some of my oldest friends, Black, White, Hispanic, Jewish, Presbyterian; where if I mentioned one of them in conversation, "Dan," or "Bill" or "Christy" or "Shecba" or "Arnaldo," and my interlocutor asked me who I was referring to it would never enter my mind to describe "My Jewish friend," or "My White friend" or "My Cuban-American friend" or "My Black friend" or "My Cuban-American friend." 

"If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon."

(to be continued)