Saturday, January 29, 2022

I went to sleep at a normal time last night, certainly before midnight. I awoke today at 11:11 a.m., which is four or five hours on the other side of normal. Not feeling it I went back to bed until 12:23 p.m.

Last week a beloved former client, with whom I have exchanged "Good morning" texts every day for years, didn't answer to days of my greetings. She finally responded, "Uncle, sorry, the cold made me forget."

I wonder if there is something to the cold being the culprit. Well, first of all, it is not "cold" by any normal person's winter standard, but it is a drastic, abrupt temperature drop for us Miamians. You do forget your normal routine; your mind is on this other thing that it is not used to having to spend time on. Relative cold leads to hibernation in bears. People nest, right? I think there is something to it. I'm still listless and I've had one Diet Pepsi, one colada of Cuban coffee, and one adderall.