Thursday, April 25, 2024



I missed the first 20-something mins of the beginning and just went back to listen. The justices, all of them, WERE highly skeptical of Sauer’s “total immunity” position. They clearly are not going to go that far. My take is that they may reverse Judge Chutkan unanimously on absolutely NO immunity and remand for hearings on what is official and what not, with effect of no crim. trial for Jan. 6 before election, a total practical win for Trumpie.

It’s weird. I remember when it was first made public, reading this Jan. 6 indictment and writing that I thought “there are holes here big enough to drive a truck through”, flaws as I saw them then, in the language of the statutes that the charges were based on. I didn’t think this was a case as open and shut as say the docs case. But then I had lunch with a fed prosecutor friend who told me that he would have charged the case exactly the same way, so I just put it out of my mind.