Monday, April 29, 2024

Barry Jackson

This Heat season, and perhaps this era of Heat basketball, stands one loss from expiration after a sixth consecutive home playoff loss and a second offensive dud against Boston in three days.

[I’m glad he wrote that. I do think that this is going to finally get through the thick skulls at  601 Biscayne that WE DON’T HAVE ENOUGH! NOT CLOSE!]

Undermanned and seemingly out of both firepower and answers

The eighth-seeded Heat fell to 23-21 at Kaseya Center this season and dropped to 1-12 at home against teams with sure-fire Hall of Fame players. Miami has been outscored by 148 points in those 13 games, a signal that major roster change is likely needed.

the errant-shooting Heat never did anything to suggest it could actually win on Monday. 

at a talent deficit against Boston…

[It’s not just against Boston, not just against teams with sure HoF’ers, WE’RE AT A TALENT DEFICIT AGAINST THE FUCKING INDIANA MAD ANTS!]

Playing before..,another sellout crowd, the Heat trailed by double figures for the final 44 minutes of the game.

[He mentions that. I have mentioned that. I mentioned that to him. Will that be in jeopardy? I don’t know. I do think if the Bus is sold out next season, you’re going to hear an “involved” crowd, one with a boo hair trigger.]

As was the case in Saturday’s 104-84 loss to Boston, the Heat again shot blanks, repeatedly missing open shots.

[I listened to several minutes of the game on “Heat” radio excuse me “the Heat audio experience”πŸ™„. I thought I heard the lead Heat audio experience hominem state that Tyler shot an airball and I immediately heard a cascade of boos.]

Per TNT, Adebayo had some “choice words” for teammates after Miami’s 104-84 Game 3 loss, and Love implored teammates that they “can’t go out” like this.

None of those words made the least bit of difference, not against a vastly superior opponent and not on a night the Heat shot threes as if they were blindfolded.

there wasn’t nearly enough offensive firepower for the Heat to keep up.

Many of the Heat’s missed threes were open looks