Sunday, April 28, 2024

Yep, too tough a lift for Doc's Crew. FT Indy (3-1) 126 Beer 113

I don't know what the timetable is for Giannis' return; Dame just hurt himself so I don't expect him back before Tyoosday. Without Antetokounmpo though, Indiana has a real good chance to close this out in two days. I am very happy for Indiana, who have never won shit since the merger, but you hate to see this season from hell for Milwaukee, a good team in a city of good people with a a former MVP and one of the most cerebral players in the game (Giannis is going to be a coach or exec when he's finished playing), but, unfortunately, with GM who has badly damaged this franchise: the draft picks, the foregone draft picks; even the trade for Lillard is viewed, I read, as a loss for Milwaukee; firing Adrian Griffin mid-season. I forget that dumb ass's name but he really fucked up this season.

The best front office in the Association is OKC. The best front office in the East is in Boston. Then either New York or Miami, but Milwaukee's front office is a train wreck, Charlotte Midwest, Cleveland North. There are some bad orgs in the East and unfortunately a former champion is now one of them. I just hate to see that. But...congratulations to Indy if they close this out, this has been a magical (and lucky) season for them. They've been a great story all season with their pinball scoring. 

I think Cleveland's done. They're so gutless they make the Celtics look like a team of Nietzsches. And Miami doesn't have enough talent. Indy has NO chance against New York or Phila and none of them have a chance against Beans. It's the Eastern pennant by default this year. Boston's not going to beat Denver, there's no way. The West is best and the East is Least. Agayne. 

I hope that I speak for "Heat" fans that this is it for this core. I want no more of "we have enough" from Spoelstra when he has averaged 45 wins for ten straight seasons and hasn't gotten close to winning a championship. There better be some furniture replacement, no rearrangement, in the off-season. I don't believe in 601 Biscayne. I know better than 99% of cognos what to expect year in and fucking year out. You don't have enough Biscaya Bambino and if you go through a desultory summer again, you need your heads examined. I will never pay money to see a "Heat" regular season game again and will follow them intermittently and with knowledge of the ending. Fool me three times, shame on you. Full me a fourth time and you can forget it. I'm not that big a dullard. I want a whale, major moves in the summer. This basketball franchise is ceding Greater Miami's attention and good God, don't you know in your C suites that there's a lot of options for fans besides the inevitable 45-37. Beware 601 Biscayne, my sense is that you are on a very short leash with the fans, and one more big toe injury to Jimmy, one more horrific optic of him watching the Miami tennis open on a Saturday and sitting out a Sunday game for not feeling well, one more disinterested series of regular season games and it is reasonable, nay likely, that you will see see impatient, angry booing if you bring back this same YMCA team. You could lose the city's attention to a promising NFL team, to the "Panthers" hockey team, to UM, not the "Marlins" who are dysfunctional, but to sun and fun and beautiful people on South Beach. We have no interest in 45-37 forever.