Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The 133rd Pennsylvania Volunteers Regiment at Fredericksburg

                                                                      
I share with readers the below email received yesterday, to which I responded that I would check and help in any way I could. I have gotten emails from other readers over the years on the 133rd. Anyone with information that you think could be helpful to the author below, please email at publocc@gmail.com and I will forward.





Hello,

My name is [name withheld], and I'm a journalist writing a book about
the Battle of Fredericksburg. My e-mail address is [withheld].

I much enjoyed your June 2008 blog, which reprinted an excerpted
version of William Wertz' account of the 133rd Pennsylvania at
Fredericksburg. Would it be possible to send me a bibliographic
citation for the entire article, which, you'll recall, appeared in
"Army Life?" I'd like to track it down and use it in my book.

Thanks for your help.

All the best,

[name withheld]

Image: "Humphreys Charge," Alfred Waud for Harpers Weekly.