Monday, January 01, 2024

I wish you enough in the New Year

    願你足夠 I wish you enough.

    他說:  "我老了,  她又住的遠, 我有很大的挑戰在面前.  事實是, 她下一次回來將會是參加我的葬禮."

     "When you were saying good-bye [to her daughter], I heard you say, 'I wish you enough'.

    May I ask what that means?".

    "當你們說再見的時候,  我聽見你說:" 我希望你足夠."  可不可以告訴我那是什麼意思呢?" 我問道.

    She began to smile. "That's a wish that has been handed down from other generations.

    My parents used to say it to everyone".

    She paused a moment and looked up as if trying to remember it in detail and she smiled even more.

    “When we said , 'I wish you enough', we were wanting the other person to have a life filled with just enough good things to sustain them".

    Then turning toward me, she shared the following as if she were reciting it from memory.

     她笑了起來: "那是一個傳了許多代的祝望.

    我的父母以前常對所有的人這麼說."

    她停頓了一會兒,  然後凝視上方好像是想記清楚細節.

    她笑的更燦爛的說:" 當我們說:' 我希望你足夠',

    我們是要那個人的生命中有足夠的好東西去維持它."

    然後她轉向我. 好像從記憶中背誦似的,念出以下的句子 .            

    I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright
    no matter how gray the day may appear.

    "我祝你有足夠的陽光, 使你在不論多暗淡的日子裡也保有明亮的心態,"

       I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun even more.

    "我祝你有足夠的陰雨, 因而更加感恩陽光的燦爛."

      I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive and everlasting.

    "我祝你有足夠的快樂, 來保持你的精神常青."

    I wish you enough pain so that even the smallest of joys in life may appear bigger.

    "我祝你有足夠的苦難, 以至生活中最微不足道的開心也顯得巨大."

      I wish you enough gain to satisfy your wanting.

    "我祝你得償宿願, 滿足你的慾望."

    I wish you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess.

    我祝你有足夠的失落,去感恩你的擁有."

    I wish you enough hellos to get you through the final good-bye.

    "我祝你有足夠的問候, 來協助你走過最後的再見."

    She then began to cry and walked away.

    然後她開始哭泣並離去.

    They say it takes a minute to find a special person, an hour to appreciate them, a day to love them but then an entire life to forget them.

    有人說, 要找到一個特殊的人只須一分鐘, 去感恩他得花一小時,  一天內可以愛上他,

    但是要去遺忘他, 可是一輩子的工作.

    Only if you wish send this to the people you will never forget.

    If you don't send it to anyone it may mean that you are in such a hurry that you have forgotten your friends.

    如果你願意, 將這傳給令你永志不忘的人.

    如果你不傳給任何人, 那麼你就忙的將朋友都忘懷了.

    TAKE TIME TO LIVE.....

    別忙壞了, 花點時間去生活吧.

      To all my friends and loved ones,
        I WISH YOU ENOUGH........