I question Ohio (5-1) at four over defending natty and undefeated Indiana.
But I am shocked at Alabama at six, remaining at six. They were sixth last week and they lost at home to Jawja this week. Bama was the betting favorite to win that game, too! They don't drop? Not even one spot? Somebody can make a liar out of me but I sure don't remember that ever, ever happening before.
If voters don't penalize a team for losing at home to a team they're favored to beat, what would they have done if Bama had won?...Won at home as the favorite? Are you kidding me, AP's voters would have zoomed the "Tide" up to at third, jumping Ohio and Miami, maybe second behind only the "Lakers" and, I bet the voters would have made Alabama no. 1 with ND second. It is unthinkable that voters would have kept Alabama at sixth after beating the then-number two team, even at home, even as the favorite. Maybe it's just a statistical quirk this one week but it sure does feel to me like SEC bias.