Thursday, July 11, 2013

America's primary concern, as always, is how best to preserve its interests in the region. Calling a coup a coup would legally bind the US to withdraw $1.5bn in aid to the army – and it's the army, whose chief attended America's top military academy, that keeps the US and its regional ally Israel happy.
-The Guardian.

Do you know I never considered this? I thought the US was acting, or not acting, in the perceived best interests of the people of Egypt. I made you laugh at me again, didn't I. The above isn't fact, it's The Guardian's opinion...Listen to me, "It's not fact, it's opinion!...but I never considered it. It's more knowledgeable opinion than Public Occurrences! I hope to God this opinion isn't fact. I feel so bad. Maybe that sentence of Friedman's I instinctively corrected was accurate as written.