Monday, July 29, 2013

Hasn't been much writin' here lately, just a lotta pitchers.

I am amazed at the number of high quality photographs on the various Tumblr subsites. When Dr. Mo sent me the Flickr photos I became curious. There was some problem with Flickr though, I couldn't save the photos or something, so I googled something like "21st century art photography." There were a bunch of great photos on Tumblr sites. The first site I saved was Ruines Humaines, that was the source for the photograph of the white painted woman posted here on July 18.  That is not a photograph of a painting; the model was painted and then photographed. Since then, I have spent hours and hours, I don't know how many, enough that my thumb joints ache from scrolling on my iPhone, going from site to site discovering the most extraordinary photographs. It led to the daily 11:00 p.m posts. There are times I will be on a site and moan audibly at some gorgeous photo. Look at that photograph of the Blue Grotto! A couple of months ago I looked at dozens of photos of the Blue Grotto and couldn't find one that was IT. Found it on Tumblr, along with those of July 18, 20, 21, 22, and 24. There are so many great photographs on Tumblr I have pre-set the 11:00 posts through August 10 already! Can't wait for you to see them.