Tuesday, October 15, 2013

I hate to make mistakes in writing and my new email China collaborator is an English professor. Eeeck! "Bob" I shall call him, and I live several time zones apart so the vehicle for my responses to his pithy emails is my so-called "smart phone," typing on which is cumbersome, which leads to mistakes...Anyway, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it. So I sent the following email to him this morning:

"Typos in the last two emails; incomplete editing. I submit to a struggle session."

Tom's pithy response:

"You deviationist revisionist capitalist roader rightist!* I'm making up a big character poster about you as we speak." 

*Corrected from "rightest," 8:59 pm. Our thanks to an alert reader for pointing this out to us. Death by slicing to Google spell-check for not prompting me. The Nine Exterminations for my grade school English teachers.