Monday, October 14, 2013

mao zedong

That is a broad search keyword but that broad search keyword landed someone here in the last couple hours. "Mao Zedong and his nurse comic" or whatever it was, I've had that and comparably narrower search terms but "mao zedong," just Mao Zedong, I think that's a first. If I had never gotten interested in China, how many pageviews would this ol' blog have had after eleven years? A lot less. How many blog members? I think one. How much personal contact would I have had with, like, other people? The person who emailed me (on China) a couple weeks ago, he and I have exchanged about eighty emails since. Four of the top ten posts are on China. "The Devil and LeBron James" is still far and away the most-read post ever on this blog but even that post had a specific China reference in a long footnote. Number of emails I've gotten on LBJ, "Mermaids," "Citizenship" and the rest of the top ten? Zero, Pilgrim.