Wednesday, October 30, 2013

A Chinese-American friend and I emailed about the stabbing murders of five in Brooklyn, NY. 

I caught a little but was not clear about it. Nor did I know he is Chinese. Benjamin, it reminds me of something. From what I have read, heard, and witnessed about new immigrants and my own experiences, it's no secret, people from politically dark countries like Nazi Germany, China, N. Korean, other communist countries, etc. more or less brought psychological wounds with them. Remember "Sophie's Choice"? When stressed in a new environment of different culture and life, at some point those wounds will reopen in the form of new problems. Warm-hearted people like yourself who are passionate about social assistance should be aware of it and don't get hurt yourself.

A random act of kindness. So generous-spirited.