Sunday, May 25, 2014


Are you fucking kidding me? That is not a still from Roots or some other movie. Those are actual Mauritanian slaves! Slavery was outlawed there in...2007.  One person has been prosecuted. Slavery is still widespread. Culturally embedded. An article I read had it that the Mauritanian government has tried, is trying to end it. The government can't do it? Why? I saw another headline from 2014, the United Nations is, I don't know, looking into it or something. Can the UN take military action? It can, right? Or can it only do peacekeeping? Friends and enemies, we cannot let this continue. Jews say the U.S. should have bombed the concentration camps. I think we did bomb a camp or two or some railroads, belatedly. Good God, I can understand why FDR didn't, or didn't do more: We're going to kill the Jews? No. Hitler had the market on that, we're not going to bomb the Jews in the camps to save other Jews so Hitler could kill them less efficiently. NO.

Now, here in Mauritania, what do we, the world "we," the U.S. "we," me "we" do. Arright, well me personally, I'm out. Too old. Back hurts. Don't have a gun. Not good with a gun when I was young and had a strong back. Almost killed my brother with a shotgun. Hunting. Walking. Behind my brother. Didn't put the safety on. Didn't crack the gun either. Boom. Six inches from his foot. Miles from hospital. Didn't know how to drive. Too young. He would have bled out if I could have driven. So I'm out.

Anyway. These slave owners in Mauritania aren't concentrated, I don't suppose. Can't bomb them even if we wanted to. We could send in commandos to: 1. Take out the government, which isn't doing, or can't do, anything. 2. Find and kill the slave owners and free the slaves.

Why don't we do that? Didn't we do that with "ethnic cleansing" in Bosnia? We did. I don't know why we don't do that. Because the rest of Africa would be mad at us? Would they? Probably some would. FUCK AFRICA! What is Africa going to do, sanction us? Withhold sheep? Locusts? Are we not intervening because the slaves are Black? We frigging intervened militarily to free Black slaves in America. My frigging great-great grandfather bled out at Fredericksburg to free Black slaves in America. It can't be we're not doing it because of race. Dude...and Dudette, if we don't do something, and we can, this is on us. When you don't do something when you could have done something, then you're a frigging ASSHOLE.