Thursday, November 27, 2014

"The NATO-Russia Relationship:" Defining Moment or Deja Vu?."-CSIS, November 2008.

I wrote in an earlier post that I had read that Russia did not wish to join NATO and that therefore the Russians are to be held partially responsible for the deep spiral of suspicion and mistrust that have brought Russia and America a new Cold War and to the brink of a hot war. I thought I had bookmarked that page but had not. Now I cannot find it. I have subjected myself to repeated scourging for this failure. In searching for that Lost Article today the following came up time and again. http://csis.org/files/media/csis/pubs/081110_smith_natorussia_web.pdf  CSIS, the Center for Strategic and International Studies, is well-regarded. I will post excerpts in pieces as I did Lavrov's speech. But not as many pieces!:

I can't copy any part of it. It's "protected." Just like Baker's article. Pisses me off.