Saturday, October 26, 2019

And the "Horny Toads" do take down #15 Texas, 37-27.
And unranked Okie State beat the #23 "Cyclops" at Ames.
And, "Yes, I will have another bourbon" is the most common sentiment in  Big XII headquarters.

I read today with a groan that Oklahoma's loss opens the door to the College Football Playoff for "another one-loss team from the PAC 12 or Notre Dame." Yeah, it does. Which is why I groaned. I have seen quite enough of Notre Dame in the playoffs--and I don't wanna see them again soon. The committee that chooses the four teams has said and re-said that they do not hold past performance in the playoffs against a team. That is how it is, that is what I would say were I on the committee, but it is not what I would do if I were on the committee. I would quietly knock the "Irish" down a spot or two in my own vote based on their past and would vehemently argue their demerits with my fellows. The PAC 12--the PAC 12 has sucked so bad that they have not been one of the four teams selected very many times at all. I would rather see Utah or Oregon in the playoffs than Notre Dame but I would most want to see another SEC team, even one with two losses.