Saturday, June 19, 2021

On Juneteenth:

How Republican States Are Expanding Their Power Over Elections

In Georgia, Republicans are removing Democrats of color from local boards. In Arkansas, they have stripped election control from county authorities. And they are expanding their election power in many other states.



Lonnie Hollis in LaGrange, Ga. With Republican-led legislatures mounting an expansive takeover of election administration in a raft of new voting bills this year, local officials like Ms. Hollis have been some of the earliest casualties.


Why do Black folk love America? How can they love America? Jews didn’t flock back to Germany! Nah-ah, fuck that shit. We can take a hint. And Black people love America more than white people do! I’d be a fucking Black Panther if I was Black. I’d be a fucking domestic terrorist. I’d have invaded the Capitol on Jan. 6. and hunted down McConnell and taken selfies as I buggered his ass. 

Anyway, I don’t know how Black people aren’t revolutionaries.