Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Cuban coffee

Segueing--How many of you have had Cuban coffee? (If you're from Miami you don't count.) Homos of the world, there is nothing like Cuban coffee--nothing. It is more desert than caffeine in a cup. It is the most delicious coffee in the world, omg. And yet, even if you go to the next county up from Miami, Broward county, it's scarce as hens teeth. I used to drive my daughter to high school in Broward. Bear of a drive first thing in the a.m. Even if I had my stove-top colada before I left (and I always did) I would need another on the way back going to work. In Miami, you toss a handful of pebbles in any direction and you're bound to hit a Cuban coffee place. I had to look and look and look for one on a major thoroughfare in Broward. I finally found one. One. I pitched this business idea to someone, I don't remember who now, years ago: You want a sure-fire money-making bidness? Open a ventanita (translated "the little window") in a deprived area--and the rest of the U.S. is a deprived area. It's the cheapest storefront imaginable and once people in New Yawk or Chi, or even Fort Lauderdale, taste the stuff you'll have a line of customers for LIFE.