Saturday, May 28, 2022

Miami Beats Boston, Game 6

I really was not following this game. I had given up after Game 5 and was posting about Uvalde, the war in Ukraine, and on America generally. I glanced at the score precisely twice: once we were up 56-52, I think in the 2nd quarter; the other time, when I thought the game would be over (I had just intended to post the final score, a Boston win) at about 11:15 p.m. and Miami led 92-91 with over 6 minutes left in the 4th. I then went back to my phone in bed and was going to read the news but had a text from my son. "I'm watching the Heat and am so sad." So, I figured Boston had made a clinching run and told him I didn't want to know anymore, it upset me. He responded "Okay." Then, with 1:25 left "I can't help myself, Heat up by 6" and that's when I posted the first excited reaction image. Now I was hooked back in. Still didn't go to the computer. "Up 8 with a minute left," my son texted me. Now my nerves were shot. I checked it myself shortly after and it was down to 4 with I forget how much time left, maybe ~:40. Fingers crossed image. Then "Heat are going to win this fucking game up 6." I checked. "Heat won!" Was it over? Not according to ESPN. It was 6 with :10+ secs left. "Is the game over????? They're showing 10 seconds left!!!" "7 points." Then "eight." Then I went to the computer. Excited images. What a heroic performance by Jimmy. Who knows what to expect in Game 7?!?! The line was -2.5 Boston and then it dropped to -2. I don't know our health, I don't know SHIT! But I have to watch Sunday.