Monday, October 31, 2022

Servant of the People, Loose Ends

There were two. Now I can only remember one. In the tremendous S-1 E-20, as she is leaving the cabinet...Ah! I remember the second now. So first that one. I don't remember nos if it was in E-20 but Olya sees Vasya outside the presidential office building and says en passant to a harried Vasya that she has to go to Poland on some central bank business. She mentions her passport and says something about Vasya's I think. He says, "Yeah, yeah," whatever, do what you have to do, that kind of thing. 

Now back to the end of E-20, as she is leaving the cabinet meeting the camera people zoom in on Olya as she picks a glossy brochure off the conference table and puts it in her purse. I rewound the vid to see if I could make out what the brochure was on but I couldn't and and it was very late and I didn't take a third look. 

Finally (three loose ends), she also picks up the bottle of wine that swine Ana brought, looks at the label and turns back to the room and says, "Filling up the state coffers with Italian wine, huh?" Olya is going away, the brochure probably was a travel brochure, although what it would be doing in the cabinet room I don't know or I missed, maybe to Poland, maybe to Italy (?), but the short convo she had with Vasya was in some respect, what respect I do not know, a lie. 

I have just started E-...Oh hell, a fourth loose end: I don't know again if it was in E-20 or 19 but more than once, three times, maybe four, different people, (Louis XVI for one) advise Vasya to flee, always the same word, "flee," flee the country. Olya is leaving the country--temporarily, on state business. 

So, I have just started E-21 and Olya again meets Vasya outside as he is getting out of his truck and tells him that they have to have a serious talk, that their son got into a fight at school.