Friday, September 29, 2023

Securities Investments Thinkings Week 5, Version 1 (5.5)

5.5: I have never seen a line fluctuate so significantly in such a short span as Oregon State-Utah. Today it is down to Beavs -4. I bet invested at Beavs -4.5.

5.4: Okay, you know what, fuck it, I’m putting a nickel on the Utes. I googled the game to see if there was any injury or discipline issue that caused the line to jump like that. Utah QB Cameron Rising is still a TBD from a knee injury in their bowl game in JANUARY. That’s it. He hasn’t played so far this season. All the X-perts except one on CBS picked the Utahans getting three. Now it’s 4.5 for no good reason. Nickel on Utes. The game is Friday night.

5.3: Oregon State is up to -4.5 vs Utah! Now Lookin Hard At that one.

5.2: Kansass is gettin' a li'l love from investors, now a 16.5 road dog. Makes it a half-point less likely that I will invest.

The pronounced drop, from KY Jelly -3 to -1, makes that game a hard pass for me. I will not invest.

Big Red has improved marginally to a 17-point home dog agin' Meeshagan. Down from 18. Not enough to interest me. Pass for now.

ND is -5.5 at Dook. My Big Brother was not impressed with Duke vs Clemson. If the point spread drops to 4.5 I would take the Fighting Potato Eaters.

Lookin' Hard At:

#3 Texass -17  #24 Kansass. The House sets the line where they think the betting public will divide 50-50. That skews the line in favor of national brands with big-monied supporters and what is Texass if not that? "Longhorns" have the Red River Showdown against Oklahoma the following week. Steve Sarkisian has been good for a shocking loss or two every season. "Jayhawks" are undefeated but have played one game on the road against cupcake Nevado-Reno. Their other wins were home over cupcake Missouri State, home over B1G cupcake Illinoise, and a good home win over BYU last week. Kansas is not afraid of Texass. Texass has one of the most impressive wins of the season at Alabama. Still, the Sarkisian Effect. I am verily tempted to take the "Jayhawks" and the pernts, but, still just lookin' hard.

 

Pass for now:

#19 Oregon State -3  #10 Utah. I think the Utes will win, ergo that they will cover, but I do not have an abiding conviction.

Colorado  #8 USC -21.5. That line has dropped half a point. My Big Brother thinks CU will lose but cover.

Kentucky -2.5  #22 FU. A drop from -3.

Albern  #1 Jawja -14.5.

Nebraska  #2 Meeshagan -18. Woves started slow agin' other B1G cupcake Ruptures. "Huskers" D is for real but how are they going to score points?