Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Inflated Pork Bellies Futures Investing Cogitations

Note to self: I'm up $30 on season. Reminder to self and all similar: BELIEVE!

Investment opportunities that paused my eyes

Kamala College "Green Cats" -2.4 vs Trump University "Orange Orangutans". I am reasonably certain that the "Cats" are going to win this one. I think their ground game should be able to run at will on the "Orangutans" and they also have a huge advantage through their aerial attack. But the point spread does not tempt me. Kamala top cat David Plouffe has stated sincerely that this game is a toss-up. Pass.

I looked at the top 25 games and only one caught my eye. 

GT-The University of Our Lady of the Lake (-11). "That's alumni betting", to self. The Yellow Wreck is good and this one is home. Home dogs put a twinkle in investors' eyes and mine are sparkly. That's a beeg home dog and my jury of one is still out on these Lakers. I'm about ready to pull the trigger but want to check the under the radar games first.

This late in the season the House usually has a pretty good handle on the quality of the teams and value is more likely found on the undercards, like, mirthfully, KY Jelly-Vandee last week. So I next turned to the Airplane Conference.

Va. Tech -7 Pigeons, formerly Majestic Soaring Eagles. The UVA game brought the birds back to earth and cost me $5. Cavs were only -1.5 and won by 10.0. Now they're back in the Commonwealth in Blacksburg. They felled the Trees with prejudice last week by the Bay, lost excruciatingly and wrongfully in Miami Gardens, but lost the game before on home turf to Ruptures. -7...Seems rich. Further cogitation.

Next "It Just Means More".

Mizzou (19)-4.5 Albern (2-4). REALLY? Only 4.5 at home? Plain Tigers have L, L, L in their last three and a L in the Loveliest Village to Cal. Their dubs are over Alabama A&M and New Mexico. Furious cogitation to follow.

(more)