Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Inflated Pork Bellies Futures Cogitations, II

Oklahoma -1.5 Cocks!? Eyes popped so I did some research. The line is so meagre because of injuries that continue to decimate the "Sooners" receiving corps. Of FIVE WR's out last week, ONE has been upgraded to "questionable". Hard pass.

Purdoofus-Oregon (2) -27.5. The mother of all home dogs. Purdoofus almost beat Illinoise (23) in Champaign! But what a dog of a team. That line, which has to be in the top 1% of all home dog lines is the equivalent to a final of, say 35-7. Or 42-14...I thought calculating example scores would make the line more real, more reasonable. I don't think O is going to beat them that bad. They're coming off an emotional win at home over Ohio and have to fly half-way across the country. Dare I? Not yet.

Speaking of, Illinoise (22) M (24) -3.5. Home dog. Something had to have happened. 'Eens opened -1; both my Big Brother and I guessed the line wrong, I guessed Ill-3, he Ill-5. I'm going to have to research that. Pass for now.

Might I really not play this week? Can't have fun if you don't play. But do I have BELIEF? I'm down to "All FBS" 4:00!

Okay, here's a pause. Hairy Boner (3-3)-Colorado (4-2)--Travis Hunter is playing Neon Deion said today. Hairy Boner -3. Meh.

FU-KY Jelly -1.5. Why the godblessed love for KY Jelly? Got clocked by Cocks! at home 31-6. Lost the next week at home to then-no. 1 UGA 13-12. That's one reason they get the love. Then the next week beat then-sixth Olé Miss in Oxford-upon-Yocona. That's another reason. Those are two good reasons. But then the next week, last Saturday, I cleaned the House's clock taking Vandy getting, whatever it was, 14 or some ridiculous number. 

FU played well last week in Rocky Top. Well...could have won. Whether they played well, I don't know. OH, and I laid five on the "Gators" didn't I? Lost five if I did and I think I did. Anyway. Mertz is done for the season (no alligator tears there). If I remember correctly, and I may not at my ancient age, Billy Naps' Armies tend to start the season with all the verve of a '78 Rambler that has been sitting all summer, but then they come on a leetle. Why am I giving this game this amount of cogitation. The line is minuscule, neither of these teams is quality. Hard pass.

That leaves me with...what exactly?

GT-The University of Our Lady of the Lake (12). This (early) morning the line was Lakers -11. Tonight it's -11.5. DONE. $5 on the Yellow Ramblers to cover 11.5.

Mizzou (19) -4.5 Albern. This has been a longg day and I'm too tired to make a decision on that game. 

Same with Purdoofus-Oregon (2) -27.5. It's tempting, but can you imagine my self-anger if I lose money because for-shit Purdoofus can't keep it under four TDs?

So one I have already made and two toss-ups.