Tuesday, November 09, 2010

China

China's People's Liberation Army soldiers are the skinniest soldiers I've ever seen.
                                                        
Look at this guy's waist!  Hu Jintao obviously has never heard of "steroids."

And of course the PLA are ubiquitous: in Tienanmen Square standing guard next to the flag, in the art district, in the Forbidden City--everywhere. They stand wherever they stand absolutely motionless, like statues. I wanted to go up and squirt a water gun on their khaki pants to see if I could get a reaction or say something like, "Hey Peng Dehuai, I heard that Mao Zedong was gay, can you confirm?" 


                                                                
                                           Umm, I don't think you're standing straight enough.
   



                                   Really intelligent expression on this one's face.                



                                                   Hey! Nice weather we're having, huh?



At least this one's asleep. 


                                                What is this, the armored scooter division?
God, these guys irritate me.
I think I have a problem with authority.









HOLY S***!!!   Where were THEY when I was there???
Look...at...the...third...one...from...the...left.  Oh my..."THE EAST IS RED!  THE SUN IS RISING!  CHINA HAS BROUGHT FORTH A MAO ZEDONG!"