Monday, November 22, 2010

Politics & Justice in the Miami-Dade State Attorney's Office.



The Murder of Lynne Friend


With the permission of Ms. Tamara Heater the email exchange below is republished unedited.


Dear David,

From time to time I try to check to see if anything at all has happened in several friends from my life who succumbed to murder.  Lynne is on of those friends.  I spoke to her in the lunch line I suppose the day before she disappeared, as she spoke of moving to Nashville.  I find it difficult to just simply move on with my life when the numbers of people in my life, whose lives have suddenly stopped through no fault of their own, are becoming too many for one person to handle.

City confidential did a story on a child hood friend, it too was a husband, wife both from different small towns of which I lived in both and knew both people.  He was only sentenced to 12 years, and served less than that, and argued and sued the attorney over his legal bills.  He, I knew up to the 6th grade, and she, I knew from the 7th grade to adulthood.  He actually hired someone to kill her.  I had told both how lucky they were to be together when they got married.....

Lynne was one of the sweetest people I knew in Miami, and Parkway.

I am finally dealing with the fact that life means nothing any longer to anyone, and there are no laws that address one human killing another.

The only picture I have of her is one in my minds eye...of her going through her change purse to pay for her item ...talking about packing....and excited to move to Nashville...I walked back to the administration office with her as we talked before going on with my rounds....she was a friend to me

I think of her often.

You are not alone.

Tamara Heater






Oh God, Tamara. Such a beautiful, painful email. This case enrages me and I have been neglectful in writing about it. I hope the police and State Attorney's Office finally do the right thing, but it's been 17 years.

I am going to publish your email anonymously until and if you give me permission to use your name.

Thank you and please stay in touch.

-David











Absolutely, David!!

I also posted the information to my FB page.  It is very distressing to me ...I remember exactly where I was standing when they told me she was missing ...and the circumstances ...and my heart sank....

For many years there was absolutely zero information I could find on line.  It has only been in the last several years information has been coming up and much thanks to you to ensure it is there.  There is no reason this man could not be tried on circumstantial evidence..

Thank you for your work...

Tamara