Sunday, August 05, 2012


"I am not Israeli.  The uniform that I wore in the military unfortunately was not an Israeli uniform it was an American uniform although my wife was in the IDF and one of my daughters was in the IDF and my two little boys, our two little boys, one of whom will be bar mitzvahed tomorrow, hopefully he'll come back, hopefully he'll come back, his hobby is shooting, and he'll come back and be a sniper for the IDF... All we care about is being good Zionists, being good citizens of Israel because even though I am not Israeli-born I have Israel in my heart. I might say that all of my children, four of my five children, are all Israeli..." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV93BMuhV18

Sheldon Adelson unfortunately is an American Jew, not Israeli. Adelson and his family gave $16 million to help the failed presidential campaign of Newt Gingrich. http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/election-2012/post/sheldon-adelson-meets-with-romney-backers-says-newt-gingrich-is-at-the-end-of-his-line/2012/03/29/gIQAeGxNjS_blog.html  Adelson et al have given $10 million--so far-- to help Mitt Romney's campaign.  That figure may top $100 million or be a greater, "limitless," amount. http://www.forbes.com/sites/stevenbertoni/2012/06/13/exclusive-adelsons-pro-romney-donations-will-be-limitless-could-top-100m/.

This is legal.  It should not be. When an American citizen states as clearly as Adelson has that the interests of a foreign country are so prominent with him, he should not be permitted to donate these large sums of money in an American presidential election.  This is Public Occurrences.

Image: Sheldon Adelson and wife.