Wednesday, December 09, 2015

Always the Contrarian.

I wonder if it is good for the "Warriors" to continue this streak...Holy Hell. The second-longest winning streak in NBA history was by MIAMI in the 2012-2013 season, 27 straight. I have NOOOOOO recollection of that WHATSOEVER. Oh my God, how many of my brain cells has alcohol killed. Oh God, I am so depressed.
Anyway...So yeah, anyway, Miami allegedly has the second-longest winning streak at 27. If you count post-season and regular season the "Warriors" have 27, too. But apparently you don't, or most people don't, only regular season winning streaks really count, in which case, and this I remembered!, the Los Angeles "Lakers," 1971-2, have the record at 33.

Now, anyway, back to my point. Do the "Warriors" feel any pressure? If they do, it's too early in the season to feel pressure. I.M.O. You don't want to mentally exhaust yourselves when your real goal is to repeat as champions. Physically or mentally. San Antonio is quietly sitting there at 18-4 or something like that. Guarantee you Popovich hasn't had his guys bust any yeast cells to get there. I remember reading that Roger Maris' hair started falling out!!! when he was chasing Babe Ruth's home run record because of the intense attention. No, the "Lakers" streak doesn't have that cachet but it is a pretty big deal...But Maris caught and passed the Babe...So wtf, his comb got less exercise after that. And the "Heat" won the title in 2013, no? Almost positive in that but I'm nervous.

Anyway, the "Warriors" don't seem to have their hair falling out over this, you can't play with joy under intense pressure...So what the fuck did this post do except make me depressed? Shit.