Sunday, January 24, 2016

I mean this as a serious question: is it too late for somebody else to jump into the presidential nominating process? Two somebodies, one Demo, one Repube. Bloomberg got me thinking about this. Biden came close a month or so ago. "Draft Somebody" movements, there have been those things in the past. Biden was a "Draft Biden" movement. There was a "Draft Scranton" movement in...whenever. Didn't work! Romney was supposed to be kinda, sorta not uninterested in being "forced" to run again. Why didn't Mayor Bloomberg decide to think about getting into the Republican race? Now that I think this through and write it out, the Republican Party is too fractured, that's why there are so many candidates in the first place, there can't be a draft movement, they couldn't agree on anyone. The Demos are more unified--When did you think you'd ever be able to say that?!--and I don't think Sanders is going to beat Clinton, Bloomberg's unlikely condition for an independent run, but she is...No, I think she is a strong candidate, I was going to say "She is a weak candidate," but I just don't like her very much, I think she is a strong candidate and will crush Stump or Cruz. So, forget about this whole post.